Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Today in class we talked a lot about 'the lens.' I have thought about perspective a fair amount and I have decided the experience is perspective, and perspective is reality. It is just like what was said in class-we don't see the world as the world is, rather we see the world as we are. One example of this might be that most people thing that Disney is awesome and that Disney World is the most magical place on earth. They went for vacation there and had a blast so that is their reality. I disagree. I worked at Disney World last winter and saw what Disney is from the inside. I think Disney has all sorts of great benefits and what not, but I hate Disney too. Mickey Mouse is almost like a curse word! Okay, I am not that bad, but the point it my perspective is different then most people because my experience is different.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with that. We see the world as we are. Whatever our experience or opinion is that is what we think. Everyone thinks differently, but it is worth trying to see other perspectives. You can learn a lot when that happens.

    ReplyDelete