Saturday, October 10, 2009

In class on Thursday we talked about communication barriers. I especially liked talking about the psychiatry of leaders-I am a recreational leadership major you see, and I have make leadership my forte. Last semester I took an outdoor leadership class in which we talked about the loneliness of leadership. Basically the leader bears all the burden, and no matter how much others try that can't really help that. It reminds me of Lord Of The Ring when Sam wants to help Frodo take the ring. Sam goes to Mordor with Frodo, but the rings toll is still all on Frodo's shoulder. I think this defiantly affects the psychic of the leader. Responsiblility has the potential to crush-think of what would happen of Atlas shrugged the world off just once. I know that the times I have been a leader I have to seperate myself from everyone else to a minimal degree atleast.
just meh thunks.

2 comments:

  1. It is hard to be a leader. I don't like to be a leader personally. People who are leaders take on a great responsibility. It's a certain kind of status. People listen, follow, and trust leaders. When leaders turn out to be frauds, deceitful, corrupt people loose confidence and turn away from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that leadership is often intimidating. I enjoy being part of the crowd too, but my greatest learning came from being in the hot-seat. I was called as the gospel doctrine teacher for my ward, I was the youngest person in the class. Many of the people in my ward are professors, some religion teachers. I was scared to death, but I grew enormously. There can never be a greater substitute for learning than by trial.

    ReplyDelete